Definition of payday lender in English:
A company that lends customers small amounts of money at high interest rates, on the agreement that the loan will be repaid when the borrower receives their next paycheck: payday lenders have been criticized for setting loan terms that keep cash-strapped borrowers in perpetual debt
More example sentences
- The new rules became effective in July, and let payday lenders and car title lenders charge a $10 origination fee per $100 loaned, up to a limit of $30 for a loan of any amount.
- Expect business at payday lenders and pawn shops to increase, for instance.
- Fifty-four percent of us have no bank account or are still using check cashing places, money orders and payday lenders.
payday lending noun
- Example sentences
- The acquired stores are all multi-product locations offering check cashing, payday lending and pawn brokering services.
- Most who turn to payday lending have poor or limited credit history.
- Payday lending was an innovation created to serve an underrepresented market segment.
Definition of payday lender in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.