- 1A list of a company’s employees and the amount of money they are to be paid: there are just three employees on the payrollMore example sentences
- Management of the agency wanted her to go on the payroll as an employee for 30 hours a week.
- All those employees on the payroll do not want their cause to go away.
- Then there's the opposite side of the coin: employees on payrolls.
- 1.1The total amount of wages and salaries paid by a company to its employees: small employers with a payroll of less than $45,000More example sentences
- Thousands of factories report their total payrolls to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics every month.
- Total payrolls were up more than 1 percent as of July.
- Total payrolls were higher last month than in April.
More definitions of payrollDefinition of payroll in:
- The British & World English dictionary