Definition of peace sign in English:
1A sign of peace made by holding up the hand with palm turned outward and the first two fingers extended in a V-shape.
- They smiled, and many gave me a ‘thumbs-up’ sign or a peace sign.
- He extends his first two fingers, creating the peace sign.
- He held up two fingers in an incredulous peace sign.
2A figure representing peace, in the form of a circle with one line bisecting it from top to bottom and two shorter lines radiating downward on either side.
- A few Sundays ago a large white van from Tennessee with a flag and peace sign painted on it circled the vigil and then parked.
- I want to be like her and paint a big peace sign on the side of a school or something.
- It consists of a large wall-hung peace sign made of metal tubing.
Definition of peace sign in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan