- 1A sign of peace made by holding up the hand with palm turned outward and the first two fingers extended in a V-shape.More example sentences
- They smiled, and many gave me a ‘thumbs-up’ sign or a peace sign.
- He extends his first two fingers, creating the peace sign.
- He held up two fingers in an incredulous peace sign.
- 2A figure representing peace, in the form of a circle with one line bisecting it from top to bottom and two shorter lines radiating downward on either side.More example sentences
- A few Sundays ago a large white van from Tennessee with a flag and peace sign painted on it circled the vigil and then parked.
- I want to be like her and paint a big peace sign on the side of a school or something.
- It consists of a large wall-hung peace sign made of metal tubing.
More definitions of peace signDefinition of peace sign in:
- The British & World English dictionary