Definition of peacemaker in English:
A person who brings about peace, especially by reconciling adversaries.
- In recent years, groups of children have taken on the roles of peacemakers in bringing forward personal causes for peace.
- Enter no arguments, not even as a peacemaker, referee or umpire.
- There are those who would say that Christianity really requires us to be peacemakers and to be Pacifists.
- Example sentences
- After eight years of peacemaking, they're pretty much back where they started, although with a lot more mutual distrust.
- It covers a period of thirteen years on all the tracks, and it ends with some general reflections on the perils and pitfalls of peacemaking.
- There are three main problems with this approach to peacemaking.
Pronunciation: /ˈpēsˌmākiNG/noun& adjective
Words that rhyme with peacemakerdealmaker • hitmaker • filmmaker • kingmaker
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.