- The hypothetical point in time when the global production of oil reaches its maximum rate, after which production will gradually decline.More example sentences
- They also provide a massive opportunity to help cope with peak oil.
- Liberal Democrat concerns are led by John Hemming, who chairs the 32-member all-party parliamentary group on peak oil.
- Kunstler relates the now standard warning about a flu pandemic, whose impact he says will be magnified by its coincidence with peak oil.
More definitions of peak oilDefinition of peak oil in:
- The British & World English dictionary