- A tall tropical grain with long cylindrical ears, comprising an important food crop in the driest areas of Africa and South Asia.
More example sentences
- Pennisetum glaucum (or typhoides), family Gramineae
- Glabrous mutant varieties have been identified in many cereal crop species, including rice, wheat, barley, oats, pearl millet, sugarcane, and sorghum.
- Though pearl millet, a grain crop native to western Africa, is grown in the United States for forage, there is no established grain market for it.
- Considerable efforts have been made to introduce the trait into crops such as maize and pearl millet by traditional breeding involving interspecific hybridization.
More definitions of pearl milletDefinition of pearl millet in:
- The British & World English dictionary