Definition of pearlwort in English:
A small plant of the pink family, with inconspicuous white flowers, native to north temperate regions.
- Genus Sagina, family Caryophyllaceae
- Even Antarctica's only two species of flowering plants, hairgrass and pearlwort, have changed their positions of dominance: the moss-like pearl-wort appears more adaptable to the warming.
- Detailed studies of the leaf micromorphology in the Antarctic pearlwort were carried out.
- Only two vascular plants, Antarctic hairgrass and Antarctic pearlwort, have colonized the Maritime Antarctic.
Definition of pearlwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.