adjective (pearlier, pearliest)
1Resembling a pearl in luster or color: the pearly light of a clear, still dawn
More example sentences
- Hector shut his eyes, to see his inner world, a blaze of swirling pearly colours.
- Chris's green eyes glittered, and a smile played across his pearly teeth as he ran his hands ran through his short black hair.
- She has taken the last few days off, however, because she has just had her teeth bleached pearly white.
- informal A person’s teeth.Example sentences
- Then, fully conscious, I could feel the dentist working away at my pearlies and finally pulling them out.
- His teeth were rows of perfectly set pearly whites, and he had a dimple in his left cheek.
- Ironically, excessive bleaching can turn pearly whites into an unnatural translucent blue.
Words that rhyme with pearlyBurghley, Burley, burly, curly, early, girlie, hurley, hurly-burly, Shirley, surly, swirly, twirly
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of pearly in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.