Definition of pearly in English:
adjective (pearlier, pearliest)
1Resembling a pearl in luster or color: the pearly light of a clear, still dawn
More example sentences
- Hector shut his eyes, to see his inner world, a blaze of swirling pearly colours.
- Chris's green eyes glittered, and a smile played across his pearly teeth as he ran his hands ran through his short black hair.
- She has taken the last few days off, however, because she has just had her teeth bleached pearly white.
- informal A person’s teeth.Example sentences
- Then, fully conscious, I could feel the dentist working away at my pearlies and finally pulling them out.
- His teeth were rows of perfectly set pearly whites, and he had a dimple in his left cheek.
- Ironically, excessive bleaching can turn pearly whites into an unnatural translucent blue.
Definition of pearly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia