1Relating to the breast or chest: pectoral development
More example sentences
- It involves removing the breast and the lymph nodes but leaving the pectoral chest muscles intact.
- Cyprinodon diabolis has 17 pectoral rays, 12 dorsal rays and 28 caudal rays.
- There are 11 dorsal spines and 17 pectoral rays that help to distinguish it from the closely related Amphiprion percula.
1A pectoral muscle.
- The combined training group also completed 4 strengthening exercises targeting the pectorals, latissimus dorsi, gluteals, and quadriceps for 45 minutes.
- The fact that they are middle-aged men - the lines on their faces as chiseled as their biceps, triceps and pectorals - adds to the curiosity the images elicit.
- Your cardiovascular system is composed of your heart, arteries etc, whilst your muscular system is made up of your biceps, pectorals, deltoids etc.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'breastplate'): from Latin pectorale 'breastplate', pectoralis 'of the breast', from pectus, pector- 'breast, chest'.
Words that rhyme with pectoralelectoral, prefectoral, protectoral
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.