Definition of pedagogy in English:
noun (plural pedagogies)
The method and practice of teaching, especially as an academic subject or theoretical concept: the relationship between applied linguistics and language pedagogy subject-based pedagogies
More example sentences
- Nowhere in his transformative pedagogy is academic language proficiency challenged.
- Critical reflection is the type of processing that is crucial to the concept of culturally relevant pedagogy.
- The evening classes he is taking at a nearby college cover pedagogy and other subjects he needs to be a qualified teacher.
- Example sentences
- This is a unanimous rejection of the apartheid education principles of Christian national education and fundamental pedagogics (principles of education).
- Equally urgent is our need for gathering and sharing bibliographies, case studies, and reports of ongoing research in support of new pedagogics.
Definition of pedagogy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan