noun (plural pedagogies)
The method and practice of teaching, especially as an academic subject or theoretical concept: the relationship between applied linguistics and language pedagogy subject-based pedagogies
More example sentences
- Nowhere in his transformative pedagogy is academic language proficiency challenged.
- Critical reflection is the type of processing that is crucial to the concept of culturally relevant pedagogy.
- The evening classes he is taking at a nearby college cover pedagogy and other subjects he needs to be a qualified teacher.
- Example sentences
- This is a unanimous rejection of the apartheid education principles of Christian national education and fundamental pedagogics (principles of education).
- Equally urgent is our need for gathering and sharing bibliographies, case studies, and reports of ongoing research in support of new pedagogics.
Late 16th century: from French pédagogie, from Greek paidagōgia 'office of a pedagogue', from paidagōgos (see pedagogue).
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of pedagogy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.