Definition of pedestrian in English:
A person walking along a road or in a developed area.
- The new crossing would improve conditions both for pedestrians and vehicles.
- Vehicles and pedestrians can still use Bank Street but it is taking away some of the parking space.
- No lights, just a steady stream of pedestrians walking over the road and holding up the traffic.
walker, person on foot;
adjectiveBack to top
Lacking inspiration or excitement; dull: disenchantment with their present, pedestrian lives
More example sentences
- In spite of the glowing praise on the back cover, it turned out to be very pedestrian and hum-drum.
- Halfway through this fairly pedestrian game matters were poised on a knife-edge.
- The performance is so pedestrian it practically gets run over by a goey-filled truckie.
dull, boring, tedious, monotonous, uneventful, unremarkable, tiresome, wearisome, uninspired, unimaginative, unexciting, uninteresting, uninvolving;
Words that rhyme with pedestrianequestrian
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia