Definition of pedestrian in English:
A person walking along a road or in a developed area.
- The new crossing would improve conditions both for pedestrians and vehicles.
- Vehicles and pedestrians can still use Bank Street but it is taking away some of the parking space.
- No lights, just a steady stream of pedestrians walking over the road and holding up the traffic.
walker, person on foot;
(pedestrians) foot traffic
adjectiveBack to top
Lacking inspiration or excitement; dull: disenchantment with their present, pedestrian lives
More example sentences
- In spite of the glowing praise on the back cover, it turned out to be very pedestrian and hum-drum.
- Halfway through this fairly pedestrian game matters were poised on a knife-edge.
- The performance is so pedestrian it practically gets run over by a goey-filled truckie.
dull, boring, tedious, monotonous, uneventful, unremarkable, tiresome, wearisome, uninspired, unimaginative, unexciting, uninteresting, uninvolving;
Words that rhyme with pedestrianequestrian
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.