Definition of pediatrics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of medicine dealing with children and their diseases.
- In addition, the clinics have ‘outpatient specialists,’ most often in internal medicine, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, and otorhinolaryngology.
- At Pontefract, Shipman trained in general medicine, paediatrics and obstetrics and gynaecology before moving to Todmorden in West Yorkshire where he worked as a GP.
- Physicians were in what are considered primary care specialties in the United States: internal medicine, family practice, general practice, paediatrics, and obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Example sentences
- It is important that you talk with your pediatric urologist about these side effects if they occur.
- Children who are thought to have an abnormality are urgently referred to a consultant paediatric orthopaedic surgeon.
- Participants were three years of age or younger who used a pediatric clinic for primary care.
Definition of pediatrics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan