A cosmetic treatment of the feet and toenails.
- If you want to get into beauty treatments, have pedicures, because all your ills go to your feet.
- Treat your feet to a pedicure at home once a week - and feel the difference!
- The bride-to-be and her friends get together at a spa to enjoy relaxing massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and other treatments.
verb[with object] (usually as adjective pedicured)
Give a cosmetic treatment to (the feet and toenails).
- I'd barely set my pedicured foot into the school when I was approached by a guy with dyed jet-black hair and a gray gas station attendant's shirt that had ‘Ray ‘embroidered on the breast pocket.
- It's funny isn't it that I thought something would be familiar, when all I was really familiar with were my pedicured toes, the tv remote, the pool and my bed.
- After putting on the formfitting, strapless nutmeg-colored pant set, Nyla slipped her pedicured feet into a pair of gorgeous Aztec beaded shoes with suede insoles.
Mid 19th century: from French pédicure, from Latin pes, ped- 'foot' + curare 'attend to'.
Definition of pedicure in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.