Definition of pedodontics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of dentistry that deals with children’s teeth.
- The Paedodontics department which is on the second floor of the college and hospital building is equipped with 24 specialised Paedodontic electronic chairs exclusively for children.
- He specialized in pedodontics and orthodontia and was head of the orthodontic section of the Department of Dentistry of Westchester Medical Center.
- Example sentences
- The aetiology and pathogenesis of three types of root resorption - surface, inflammatory and replacement - are reviewed, and their occurrence after certain types of orthodontic, periodontal, paedodontic and endodontic treatment is described.
- Results show that by age 13 children enrolled in the School of Dentistry paedodontic programme received a mean cumulative skin dose of 23.03 mSv.
- Our pediatric dental staff use our surgical facilities to provide comfortable and rapid pedodontic care in a secure environment.
From pedo-1 + Greek odous, odont- 'tooth'.
Definition of pedodontics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.