Definition of peep show in English:
1A sequence of pictures viewed through a lens or hole set into a box, traditionally offered as a public entertainment.
- Queen Mary unearthed a peep show, an ingenious toy which pulled out in concertina fashion to a length of 30 feet, showing the coronation of King George IV in 1821.
- They were like a tragic peep show, a fast-forward of innumerable slides to give a glimpse of realms unknown, and frail.
- It's a peep show of sorts revealing a building in decay, its infrastructure on life support.
1.1An erotic or pornographic film or show viewed from a coin-operated booth.
- As one user commented, ‘it's a bit like a peep show in a sex shop.’
- In addition to strip clubs, peep shows, and massage parlors, a large number of prostitutes walked the streets.
- The funny thing about this opera house is it's located at the end of a block filled with sex shops and peep shows.
Words that rhyme with peep showsideshow • poncho
Definition of peep show in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.