Definition of peer review in English:
Evaluation of scientific, academic, or professional work by others working in the same field.
- The academics needed peer review and high quality publishing of their papers for success and status in their field.
- At an academic level, peer review is basically hole-punching and fault finding.
- Evaluation and peer review should serve to improve standards.
verb[with object] (peer-review) Back to top
Subject (someone or something) to a peer review.
- If, however, the journal wants to peer review every study and take only those that are original and pass review then the fee will be smaller.
Definition of peer review in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.