- 1 [usually as modifier] North American A level of amateur sports, involving children aged eight or nine: a peewee baseball teamMore example sentences
- He played T-ball, then moved on to peewee baseball, and played on the high school team since he was in seventh grade at the middle school.
- This isn't peewee football, where teams are grouped into age categories because of the huge advantages older kids have (in size, strength, speed, and coordination) over younger ones.
- He sponsors an Urban League girls basketball league and an AAU boys travel team, and he bought equipment last year for a peewee football team.
- 1.1A player at peewee level of amateur sport.More example sentences
- Taekwon-Do classes for peewees are held in the Leisure Centre on Mondays and Wednesday from 5 to 6pm.
- They have beaten Western goliaths, such as the Spurs and Lakers, but have lost to peewees, such as the Bulls and Grizzlies.
- 2North American variant spelling of pewee.