- The fur, hair, or wool of a mammal.More example sentences
- The evolution of endothermic metabolic rates and pelage and plumage in the earliest mammals and birds, respectively, followed radically different sequential chronologies.
- The pelage lacks underfur and is usually some shade of brown.
- The pelage consists almost entirely of underfur; it is remarkably iridescent, fine, and silky.
early 19th century: from French, from Old French pel 'hair'.
More definitions of pelageDefinition of pelage in:
- The British & World English dictionary