- A spicy dish consisting of meat (typically chicken), rice, and pigeon peas.More example sentences
- One popular Trinidadian and Tobagonian dish is pelau, or rice mixed with pork or chicken and various local vegetables.
- There was brown bread, coconut bake, puffs, cheese paste, saltfish, buljol, pelau and green salad.
- Every roti and plate of pelau made and sold here leads to revenue and income to the maker who in turn extends his connection to the survival and generation process.
from French Creole pêlao.
More definitions of pelauDefinition of pelau in:
- The British & World English dictionary