A thin skin, cuticle, membrane, or film.
- Young papillae are covered with a pellicle - cuticle layer and contain starch grains.
- However, in the dry type, the pellicle and cuticle remain intact in the functional phase, whereas they become discontinuous in the wet type.
- Proline-rich proteins' coat the teeth with a thin layer - pellicle - that serves as a protective diffusion barrier on the tooth surface.
- Example sentences
- A pellicular coated support and method for producing such a support are disclosed.
- A semi-suspension polymerization process was used in this work in order to prepare ion exchange pellicular resins.
Late Middle English: from French pellicule, from Latin pellicula 'small piece of skin', diminutive of pellis.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of pellicle in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.