1A system of memory training originally devised by the Pelman Institute for the Scientific Development of Mind, Memory, and Personality in London in the 1920s.
- I practised yoga and took postal courses in self-improvement and hypnotism, which I think was called Pelmanism.
- There were lots of self-educating books, home encyclopedias, home university courses, Pelmanism manuals, self-improvement tracts - volumes that were all in the grand, glass-fronted bookcase.
- To thousands Pelmanism has been the means of greater success in life.
1.1A game based on memorizing cards or other objects placed before the players.
- Pelmanism is the classic game of memory and concentration.
- Pelmanism is a term for the children's game of ‘Pairs’.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Pelmanism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.