Definition of penalty killer in English:
A player specializing in preventing the opposing side from scoring while the strength of that player’s team is reduced through penalties.
- He's physical, a good penalty killer and is younger than 30.
- The addition of the player, a hard-hitting penalty killer, should help.
- The team in the next round might have better penalty killers, squelching the opportunity to win on special teams.
penalty killing noun
- Example sentences
- But today's goaltenders can add another important dimension to penalty killing.
- The team's penalty killing, which is based on its goaltending, must get better in the second half.
- The key to penalty killing is good positioning, reaction and anticipation more than anything.
Definition of penalty killer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan