Definition of penny wise in English:
- penny wise and pound foolish
- Careful and economical in small matters while being wasteful or extravagant in large ones.Example sentences
- It is very much a case of penny wise and pound foolish, if the Government persists in its present anti-forestry policy.
- Are local self-bodies exercising their right to be penny wise and pound foolish?
- Not paying them well is penny wise and pound foolish.
Definition of penny wise in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.