Any of a number of plants with rounded leaves, in particular.
- ● a creeping perennial of the genus Hydrocotyle, family Umbelliferae: numerous species, including the North American water pennywort (H. americana).
More example sentences
- Smaller herbs are marsh pennywort and camphor weed (both also common in U.S. wetlands).
- Water-starwort makes its particular kind of dimpling, and marsh pennywort makes another.
- You hike through that tunnel of live oak, cool shade and wren song, then climb the stairs that top out on a high dune strewn with pennywort.
Definition of pennywort in:
- The British & World English dictionary