- A thought or reflection put into literary form; an aphorism.More example sentences
- ‘Our nature consists in motion,’ wrote Pascal - a pensée purring beneath the far-flung dispatches of his first book.
- Frustratingly, these pensées are almost invariably generalized.
- Even so, Godard's barrage of images, sound bites, allusions and pensées remains invigorating rather than numbing, compelling us not only to look but to see and to hear.
More definitions of penséeDefinition of pensée in:
- The British & World English dictionary