- another term for beardtongue.More example sentences
- From mid-June through July, you should see profuse wildflowers, from the dainty, lavender pasque flowers to penstemons in shades of blue and purple.
- Take heel cuttings from ceanothus, penstemons, lavenders, santolinas and philadelphus.
- All very well is the advice to cut back decaying and gone-over plants, but my penstemons, rudbeckia, etc are still nice and green.
modern Latin, formed irregularly from penta- 'five' + Greek stēmōn 'warp', used to mean 'stamen'.
More definitions of penstemonDefinition of penstemon in:
- The British & World English dictionary