A colorless, crystalline, synthetic compound used in insecticides, fungicides, weed killers, and wood preservatives.
- Chemical formula: C6Cl5OH
More example sentences
- To prevent the anti-sap stain, we used to put wood through the boric bath, to which pentachlorophenol and organochlorine were added for cosmetic reasons.
- The dioxins in pentachlorophenol are toxic, causing health problems from severe skin rashes to liver damage and possible cancer.
- Deregistering pentachlorophenol, a chemical used for treating timber in New Zealand, in 1991.
Definition of pentachlorophenol in:
- The British & World English dictionary