1A talisman or magical object, typically disk-shaped and inscribed with a pentagram or other figure, and used as a symbol of the element of earth.
- When I looked, I was holding a medallion that consisted of a pentacle - the symbol of my faith - within a circle and triangle - the symbol of recovery.
- I wear a pentacle everyday as a symbol of protection and of my faith.
- Everything from pentacles and talismans to cloaks and incense can be found here at very reasonable prices!
1.1 another term for pentagram.
1.2 (pentacles) One of the suits in some tarot packs, corresponding to coins in others.
- On the Two of Pentacles we see a young man dancing as he juggles his worldly concerns.
- The 10 of Pentacles is one of the most auspicious cards in the Tarot deck, besides World.
Late 16th century: from medieval Latin pentaculum, apparently based on Greek penta- 'five'.
Words that rhyme with pentacletentacle
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of pentacle in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.