- 1A talisman or magical object, typically disk-shaped and inscribed with a pentagram or other figure, and used as a symbol of the element of earth.More example sentences
- When I looked, I was holding a medallion that consisted of a pentacle - the symbol of my faith - within a circle and triangle - the symbol of recovery.
- I wear a pentacle everyday as a symbol of protection and of my faith.
- Everything from pentacles and talismans to cloaks and incense can be found here at very reasonable prices!
- 1.1 another term for pentagram.
- 1.2 (pentacles) One of the suits in some tarot packs, corresponding to coins in others.More example sentences
- On the Two of Pentacles we see a young man dancing as he juggles his worldly concerns.
- The 10 of Pentacles is one of the most auspicious cards in the Tarot deck, besides World.
late 16th century: from medieval Latin pentaculum, apparently based on Greek penta- 'five'.
More definitions of pentacleDefinition of pentacle in:
- The British & World English dictionary