adjectiveBotany & Zoology
- 1Having parts arranged in groups of five.More example sentences
- These species are notable for the plesiomorphic retention of venation (albeit already quite reduced) in their tegmina, segmented cerci, and pentamerous tarsi.
- The zygomorphic, pentamerous and spurred flowers are approximately 15 x 12 mm in diameter.
- Most basal Eudicots are dimerous or trimerous, with only occasionally pentamerous types (Sabiaceae, Ranunculaceae) which represent homoplasious trends.
- 1.1Consisting of five joints or parts. Compare with pentameral.
More definitions of pentamerousDefinition of pentamerous in:
- The British & World English dictionary