Definition of peony in English:
A herbaceous or shrubby plant of north temperate regions, which has long been cultivated for its showy flowers.
- Genus Paeonia, family Paeoniaceae
- Put stakes and supports in place for tall, herbaceous plants, like peonies and delphiniums.
- He purchased and planted about 1,000 herbaceous peonies and planted them in Charlottesville, Virginia, where he leased land from his brother-in-law.
- Lift and divide overcrowded clumps of perennials, including campanulas, daylilies, hostas, peonies, sedums, and Shasta daisies.
Words that rhyme with peonyLéonie
Definition of peony in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia