Definition of people-watch in English:
Spend time idly observing people in a public place: the courtyard is a great place to sit and people-watch
More example sentences
- Music is really good in here and it's a great place to people-watch given all the trendy people frequenting the place.
- We got a table on the second floor which is great if you want privacy - but not so great if you want to people watch.
- I adore the beach and love to people-watch.
- Example sentences
- If you are a people watcher they have booths and tables right on the street.
- I know which places to avoid if I'm in a hurry but generally I don't mind standing in line as I'm an avid people-watcher.
- The view is of the fairly unattractive street, but if you are a people-watcher, there is no shortage of passers-by.
Definition of people-watch in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan