nounNorth American • informal
- A meeting aimed at inspiring enthusiasm, especially one held before a sporting event.More example sentences
- Physics is not a varsity athletics event that requires a pep rally.
- The members of the last team to rack up this accomplishment had been gathered together for the pep rally and I confess it was hard to look at the pleasant assortment of middle-aged ranchers and businessmen and see the athletes they once were.
- I know this event wasn't planned as a pep rally, but we don't have to be carrying signs or protesting to get excited.
More definitions of pep rallyDefinition of pep rally in:
- The British & World English dictionary