Definition of peperomia in English:
A small, fleshy-leaved, tropical plant of the pepper family. Many are grown as houseplants, chiefly for their decorative foliage.
- Genus Peperomia, family Piperaceae
- Some of my favorite windowsill plants include many varieties of trailing ivy, African violets, primroses, pansies and violets, geraniums, gloxinias, cyclamens, coleus, kalonchoes, peperomias, and heartleaf philodendrons.
- Currently, there are over 100 species of Peperomia cultivated in the United States, although many are in the hands of collectors.
- There are many species of peperomia but all are grown for their decorative leaves.
Modern Latin, from Greek peperi.
Definition of peperomia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.