Definition of peperomia in English:
A small, fleshy-leaved, tropical plant of the pepper family. Many are grown as houseplants, chiefly for their decorative foliage.
- Genus Peperomia, family Piperaceae
- Some of my favorite windowsill plants include many varieties of trailing ivy, African violets, primroses, pansies and violets, geraniums, gloxinias, cyclamens, coleus, kalonchoes, peperomias, and heartleaf philodendrons.
- Currently, there are over 100 species of Peperomia cultivated in the United States, although many are in the hands of collectors.
- There are many species of peperomia but all are grown for their decorative leaves.
Definition of peperomia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan