- 1A short flared, gathered, or pleated strip of fabric attached at the waist of a woman’s jacket, dress, or blouse to create a hanging frill or flounce.More example sentences
- The peplum was originally conceived as a small panel of fabric or a short skirt draped over the lower torso area of a women's dress or outfit.
- The latest waist-friendly look is the unabashedly ladylike peplum top.
- Bold and beautiful, this peplum blouse is perfect for a night on the town.
- 1.1(In ancient Greece) a woman’s loose outer tunic or shawl.[via Latin from Greek peplos]More example sentences
- She bathed her and dressed the young princess in a Greek-styled gown, which she called peplum.
More definitions of peplumDefinition of peplum in:
- The British & World English dictionary