Definition of pepper pot in English:
1 British term for pepper shaker.
- Although you're right about the sympathy vote, I'd take garnet earrings any day - I got a salt and pepper shaker plus a brand-spanking-new flannel plaid robe!
- She looked down at the table, her fingers toying with a duck shaped pepper pot.
- She said, no, next to the salt and pepper shaker.
2A West Indian dish consisting of stewed meat or fish with vegetables, typically flavored with cassareep.
- A tasty Amerindian dish, called the pepper pot, is a spicy stew that is a typical Guyanese meal.
- Its unique flavour is essential to the W. Indian stew pepper pot.
- Patties, which are hot and spicy, turtle soup, and pepper pot may contain meats such as pork and beef, as well as greens such as okra and kale.
Definition of pepper pot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia