- A closely woven fine cotton or polyester fabric used especially for sheets.More example sentences
- Flannel is a cotton fabric that is brushed on one side for warmth and extra softness; percale is a finely woven, smooth fabric (all cotton or a blend) with a minimum thread count of 180.
- The sheets and pillow cases are 220 thread count 100% cotton percale in bright white with a black twist cord detail.
- Interested in knowing how much I move about while sleeping, in order to make an informed decision on easy-care or Egyptian percale bed linen, I thought I'd employ the full technical capability of my camera to find out.
early 17th century: from French, of unknown origin.
More definitions of percaleDefinition of percale in:
- The British & World English dictionary