- 1Each of the 100 equal groups into which a population can be divided according to the distribution of values of a particular variable.More example sentences
- The terms tercile, quartile, quintile and decile should refer to the percentiles which divide the distribution into 3, 4, 5, or 10 equal parts, respectively.
- Comparison of population percentiles requires an adequate amount of data for statistical significance.
- We performed 10000 iterations and calculated the probability of obtaining the observed or a more extreme degree of homogeneity in the sign of effect size from the percentiles of the distribution of the results of the 10000 iterations.
- 1.1Each of the 99 intermediate values of a random variable that divide a frequency distribution into 100 groups: the tenth percentile for weightMore example sentences
- Comparing the top and bottom tenth percentiles, there was more than an eightfold difference in the proportion of patients monitored every 3 months and more than a twofold difference in the proportion of patients monitored every 6 months.
- Bars above histograms indicate the 1st, 5th, 95th, and 99th percentiles of the cumulative frequency distribution.
- Then we divide the income of the household at the ninetieth percentile by the income of the household at the tenth percentile.
More definitions of percentileDefinition of percentile in:
- The British & World English dictionary