Definition of percutaneous in English:
Made, done, or effected through the skin.
- The diagnosis was also confirmed in all three patients who had a preoperative percutaneous needle biopsy.
- Several types of skin testing instruments are available for percutaneous skin testing.
- Diagnosis usually requires incisional biopsy, but when necessary it can be made with a well planned percutaneous core needle biopsy.
- Example sentences
- Most of our specimens were obtained percutaneously either by the clinician, cytopathologist, or radiologist.
- With this method, blood cultures are taken simultaneously through the suspected central catheter and percutaneously from a distant site.
- Alternatively, a catheter can be inserted percutaneously through the anterior wall of the trachea.
Definition of percutaneous in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan