- 1In a manner or way that could not be better: the ring fitted perfectly [as submodifier]: perfectly clean glass bottlesMore example sentences
faultlessly, superbly, superlatively, excellently, flawlessly, to perfection, without fault, ideally, inimitably, incomparably, impeccably, immaculately, exquisitely, consummatelyabsolutely, utterly, completely, altogether, entirely, wholly, totally, thoroughly, fully, in every respect
- She picked up and started scrubbing what appeared to be an already perfectly clean glass bowl.
- You fall in love and the guy is wonderful and everything works perfectly first time.
- The reality is far from that and I wondered why because to us it seems perfectly normal.
- 1.1 [as submodifier] Used for emphasis, especially in order to assert something that has been challenged or doubted: you know perfectly well I can’t stayMore example sentences
- I would like to make it perfectly clear right now that I did not vote for these guys.
- What is perfectly clear is that the entire venture has been daring from the outset.
- It is perfectly clear that at no time did the claimant hold any such appointment as a member of any such body.