- A green semi-precious mineral, a variety of olivine.More example sentences
- Egypt is also the home of some of the best peridot, the gem variety of forsterite.
- There are bracelets, earrings, pendants, and so on, set with rubies, emeralds, sapphires, and other gemstones such as tanzanite, tourmaline, aquamarine, yellow topaz, rose quartz, peridot, and many more.
- Plutonites, also magmatic, form in conditions of extreme heat and pressure far deeper within the Earth; colourful translucent crystals such as aventurine, peridot and rose quartz are the result.
early 18th century: from French, from Old French peritot, of unknown origin.
More definitions of peridotDefinition of peridot in:
- The British & World English dictionary