- The branch of obstetrics dealing with the period of time around childbirth.More example sentences
- His education includes an MD with clinical specialty training in perinatology (neonatology and obstetrics) and two years' postgraduate study with an advanced degree in perinatal science.
- Several patients were referred to perinatology for prescription of insulin to achieve ‘tight control’ of blood glucose levels.
- Here he champions perinatology, a concept based in the fact that childcare begins in the womb and, hence, obstetricians and paediatricians need to work together.
- More example sentences
- Consultation with a perinatologist experienced in parenteral nutrition, as well as a gastroenterologist or inpatient parenteral nutrition service, may be prudent.
- We have just completed a study of 71 perinatologists, 35 neonatal nurses, and 48 parents of extremely premature babies, seeking their views of our outcome table.
- When necessary, collaborative care with an obstetrician or perinatologist is advisable.
More definitions of perinatologyDefinition of perinatology in:
- The British & World English dictionary