- A hygroscopic solid acid with strong oxidizing properties.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: H5IO6
- Semi-thin sections were incubated first with periodic acid for 8 min, rinsed in distilled water and then treated in the dark with Schiff reagent for 15 min to reveal carbohydrates.
- We also note that atherinomorphs have periodic acid Schiff-positive yolk, but the phylogenetic significance of this observation remains to be determined with further surveys.
- More example sentences
- The major dissolved proteins detected in this study were determined to be glycosylated, based on the detection of an aldehyde group formed by the periodate oxidation of the electrophoretically separated dissolved proteins.
- Hydroxy groups on carbohydrates can be converted to aldehydes through periodate oxidation.
More definitions of periodic acidDefinition of periodic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary