noun (plural periti /-tē/)
- A theological adviser or consultant to a council of the Roman Catholic Church.More example sentences
- They also consulted widely with non-Catholic observers and theological experts (periti), many of whom were also active in drafting council documents.
- The perhaps equally numerous periti (experts and consultants who included some of the world's greatest scholars) were even more disadvantaged.
- I noticed how he became more cautious in his embrace of the principles he had espoused as a peritus at Vatican II.
1960s: from Latin; related to expertus 'expert'.
More definitions of peritusDefinition of peritus in:
- The British & World English dictionary