- A magnet that retains its magnetic properties in the absence of an inducing field or current.More example sentences
- If this condition persists even in the absence of an external magnetic field, the material is a permanent magnet.
- A permanent magnet may be represented precisely by an appropriate density of hypothetical magnetic charges on its two pole faces.
- The molecules were maintained under tension by the field gradient of two small permanent magnets placed above the sample.
More definitions of permanent magnetDefinition of permanent magnet in:
- The British & World English dictionary