Definition of permeability in English:
1The state or quality of a material or membrane that causes it to allow liquids or gases to pass through it.
- Two of the five participants had abnormally high permeability; the intestinal permeability of all five decreased.
- Unlike intestinal permeability, pulmonary permeability did not seem to be affected by disease activity.
- But a more fundamental issue was the gas permeability of the polymer.
2 Physics A quantity measuring the influence of a substance on the magnetic flux in the region it occupies.
- The coefficient of permeability remains constant during consolidation.
- He calculated that a material that had a negative permittivity and a negative permeability would also have a negative refractive index.
- Higher temperatures reaching up to 50°C enhanced cuticular water permeability by approximately one order of magnitude.
Definition of permeability in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan