- The ability of a substance to store electrical energy in an electric field.More example sentences
- He calculated that a material that had a negative permittivity and a negative permeability would also have a negative refractive index.
- In both cases, the lowering of the local permittivity entails a free energy decrease.
- These interactions are screened by a dielectric permittivity of the order 10.
More definitions of permittivityDefinition of permittivity in:
- The British & World English dictionary