nounNorth American • informal
- The perpetrator of a crime.More example sentences
- For example, battery under the common law was a general intent crime requiring the perp's awareness that he is acting in a proscribed manner.
- She stole a police squad car with the perp who shot the chief of police.
- The local show that assists police with their investigations has been on the scene for 100 episodes tonight, having helped solve over 500 crimes and seen 130 perps caught.
More definitions of perpDefinition of perp in:
- The British & World English dictionary