Definition of perpetual motion in English:
1A state in which movement or action is or appears to be continuous and unceasing.
- So, it is not good sense to interpret the state of an electron in a stationary orbital as perpetual motion.
- He is in perpetual motion.
- Further, Leucippus proposed that atoms remain in perpetual motion.
1.1The motion of a hypothetical machine that, once activated, would run forever unless subject to an external force or to wear.
- Next thing you know, we'll find out that these firms are working on cold fusion and perpetual motion machines.
- These findings frustrated the believers of a perpetual motion machine, and angered the industrial tycoons who sponsored the whole endeavor.
- Do I think a perpetual motion machine will ever be invented?
Definition of perpetual motion in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia