Completely baffled; very puzzled: she gave him a perplexed look
More example sentences
- One has a look of perplexed surprise; the other, a haughty indifference.
- That edginess was not helped by the sort of erratic refereeing which caused perplexed reactions in both technical areas.
- His face screwed up into a perplexed expression.
- Example sentences
- Cameron watched her perplexedly, feeling slightly queasy.
- He turned and left the guard, who watched him perplexedly.
- I gazed down perplexedly at the top of her glossy, jet-black head.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.