noun (plural perries)
- An alcoholic drink made from the fermented juice of pears.More example sentences
- There are also certain drinks, such as mead, cider, and perry, which depend on sugar fermentations for their alcohol content.
- The event also offered cider, perry, imported beers and Lurgashall country wines.
- The Anglo-Saxon word beor referred to a sweet, strong drink, not made from cereals, and probably a fruit wine/cider/perry.
Middle English: from Old French pere, from an alteration of Latin pirum 'pear'.
More definitions of perryDefinition of perry in:
- The British & World English dictionary